That’s a lot of Battleborn! (In Numbers)
We have a team of artists to make Battleborn look pretty badass. Flashy, massive explosions. A sweet, colorful, Pixar-meets-Anime style. But the math wizards here at the office have a beef with you. You’re so busy getting roped in by graphics, you’re missing all the deeper gameplay, number-crunching, and role-playing elements we’re folding into the upcoming ballsy hero shooter.
You think Johnny Programmer wants to go home at night knowing that all you talk about is how pretty things look? No. He’s deeper than that.
So, JP and some of his fellow math wizards from the Battleborn team cooked up a list of statistics on how ridiculously deep the game can be for you, and we put those numbers into pretty moving pictures at the top of this post. For those of you who like staring long and hard into the mesmerizing face of 11-digit integers to see who will blink first, check out the image below.
Seriously, though, the depth of Battleborn can’t possibly be captured in a single infographic. Don’t believe us? Don’t challenge our math wizards to a duel.
- Battleborn has 49,576,665,600 different hero and team configurations. You’ve got 7,367,013,205 neighbors here on Earth (and counting) – according to worldometer.com. Doing some simple division, it means that everyone on the planet, and then some, could jump into a 5-player co-op game of Battleborn at the same time and each team could have a totally different experience. Think about it. If you’re playing those odds, you’ve got at least 7 billion potential Internet buddies….aaaand unfortunately a couple thousand Internet trolls. Statistically speaking.
- There are 1024 ways for you to play each base-level hero. You could pick five different variants of a Battleborn hero and ship them to every country on Earth (196) and still have enough alternate versions left to fill the roster of more than three full basketball teams. Nobody tell the NBA about Benedict’s vertical leap, OK?
- There are 25 playable heroes in Battleborn. That’s more than SIX times the number of playable characters that shipped with Borderlands, Borderlands 2, or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. Hell, that’s more than all three Borderlands titles combined.
- For every fully-ranked Battleborn hero, there are 7,776 different ways you could play (that level progression loadout can change every single time you play). So, if you had a single 30-minute game session for each way to play, you would need to be Battleborn-ing for 162 days straight to see every permutation of just one character. You ask us, that’s a pretty awesome way to spend several months of your life.
- FUN NUMBER FACT: 111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321. Because math. (Our resident math wizard threw this one in to make sure that you were still paying attention.)
Notice a trend here? Consider all the potential combinations you get from playing Battleborn with four pals. Multiplied by 25 different playable heroes. Across solo and multiplayer modes….well, that’s a whole lot of Battleborn!
Study your maths.
Ready yourself for Battleborn.
Treat yourself on May 3, 2016.